Brink Group, is a world leading manufacturer of tow bars with over one hundred years’ experience in the automotive sector. Under the motto ‘Your perfect fit’, the Brink Group offers an easy and safe connection between practically any vehicle and the load you want to carry or tow. With this Brink group enables millions of end users all over the world to go out and live their active lives. So far close to 25 million cars have been fitted with a Brink tow bar. Brink Group, with its headquarter in Staphorst, the Netherlands, has approximately 600 employees in 9 countries and state-of-the-art manufacturing locations in the Netherlands, France, UK and South Africa. More information can be found at www.brinkgroup.eu
As a Strategic Purchaser you will be responsible for developing and driving the implementation of category management strategies at Brink. Your mission will be to secure and drive continuous improvement of results from key suppliers in the areas Quality, Delivery and Cost and develop them into high performing suppliers for the entire Brink Group. You will be located in our facility in Staphorst and you will report to the Director Procurement. Brink is aiming to grow the next years by organic growth and through acquisitions. The ambition is to double the annual turnover in the next five years. The Strategic Purchaser will play an important role to reach the ambitious targets by developing and executing a sourcing plan that supports the strategic goals of Brink.
- Strategically lead and optimize a supplier portfolio across various (electro) mechanical and raw-material article categories
- Responsible for improvement of supplier performance on quality, delivery and cost within your own categories
- Search and identify strategic global oriented technology suppliers by supply market research (desk and field research)
- Initiate and coordinate timely supplier involvement in new product development in order to tap supplier innovation.
- Coordinating between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers; Evaluating bids and making purchase recommendations based on commercial and technical requirements
- Initiate and execute total cost of ownership reduction projects.
- Supplier contract management; drafting and negotiating procurement contracts and monitoring their implementation
- Manage Procurement activities for certain assigned OEM NPD projects
A challenging job in a stimulating international work environment with good educational and development opportunities. Initiative and a great freedom of action are the starting points. Of course you can count on good coaching.
- Bachelor+ or Master’s degree in Engineering or Economics
- Approximately 3-5 years experienced purchaser, preferably in a matrix organization / international (technical commercial) organizations
- Experience in the Automotive industry is beneficial
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Result driven mind-set, and the ability to quickly make things clear and easily understandable
Information & application :
For further information about this vacancy please contact Robert Koloc, Purchase Manager, 0522-469999 or Sandra Bonenberg, HR-Officer, 0522-469263. A Personal Profile Analysis (PPA) may be part of the application process.